Some 2022 and 2021 Muscadets and a 2020: Claude Branger, Les Caves de la Nantaise, Château de la Chevillardière/Claude-Michel Pichon, Domaine de la Fessardière, Luneau-Papin, Manoir de la Grelière/R. Branger & Fils, Jo Landron

 


Subscribe to my free Substack blog and receive email notification of all my new posts.


I’ve spent the past four days in Wiesbaden, Germany tasting German Grosses Gewächs wines. While I organize my notes to put here, I’ll put up some recent notes on Muscadet, a highly under-appreciated wine in my opinion.


2020 was a marvelous vintage for Muscadet, but the availability of those wines is now fading, and furthermore as you can see below for Landron’s Les Houx, I’ve not found all the wines of such high quality.

2021 has shown well in previous reviews of wines I’ve had and continues to do so here, but where I’ve had the chance to compare the same wines of 2021 and 2022, as here with a couple of producers, the 2022s showed even better. Moreover, due to severe frosts in 2021, there is very little wine from that vintage available. (Continue reading here.)